There is no membership required. We do not require any personal information unless
you request to be contacted.
Don’t forget to mention Ask the Seal when phoning our member companies as many offer
special discounts to Ask the Seal consumers.
Enter your Zip Code:
Terms and Conditions
Permission to use this website, Ask the Seal.com, is conditioned upon your acceptance,
without modification, of the terms and conditions set forth herein. Your use of
the website constitutes and reflects your express agreement to the terms articulated
herein. Note that the terms and conditions may change at any time. Therefore, you
should review the applicable terms and conditions at the beginning of every return
visit to this website.
By using this website, you indicate your understanding and agreement that:
- You will only use this website for personal use. You will not use this website for
any commercial purpose, absent the express prior written consent of Ask the Seal.com.
- Neither Ask the Seal.com nor the Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval guarantees in
any way the job skills, quality of work, or performance (contractual or non-contractual)
of the companies, entities, organizations, or individuals identified on this website.
Ask the Seal.com expressly disclaims any such expressed or implied warranty, guarantee
- Companies who apply for the Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval must certify that
any of their employees who have direct contact to the public or direct access to
personal customer information meet certain minimum criteria (described below), which
includes passing annual background checks as described herein.
- The Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval is only granted on a yearly basis to companies
who meet the following minimum criteria:
While companies are required to update their Public Interaction Employee Roster
any time a change occurs, AskTheSeal.com cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy
of information provided by the employer or the underlying background checks.
Although Ask the Seal.com takes certain steps to apply specific criteria to the
background of companies, entities, organizations, and people identified on this
website prior to granting them the right to use the Ask the Seal.com seal of approval,
Ask the Seal.com does not in any way guarantee that the companies, entities, organizations,
or people identified on this website will behave safely, legally, politely, or in
any other desired or expected way. Ask the Seal.com expressly disclaims any such
guarantee or representation. Rather, Ask the Seal.com’s Seal of Approval is granted
only on the basis that the receiving company has met the criteria above.
Ask the Seal.com does not make employment decisions regarding any individuals identified
on the website nor does it give any input on employment eligibility for such individuals.
The information contained on this website is being provided to you “AS IS”. Ask
the Seal.com makes no representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied,
including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular
purpose, or warranties arising from the course of dealing or a course of performance
with respect to the accuracy, validity, or completeness of the information contained
on this website.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Ask the Seal.com, its successors and assigns,
officers, directors, and employees from any and all claims, actions or liabilities
arising from your use and/or reliance of or relating to the information on this
website, or your dealings, contracts, or experiences with the companies, entities,
organizations, or individuals identified on this website or relating to the Ask
the Seal.com seal of approval.
All of the information and content on this website is the sole and exclusive property
of Ask the Seal.com, and you have no permission or right to reproduce or publish
such information or content without the express prior written consent of Ask the
Ask the Seal.com is a free consumer service paid for by Ask the Seal.com’s customers
through their payments associated with employee and company investigative checks
and paid dues associated with this website.
- State License Verification: Ask the Seal.com verifies annually that the company
and any individuals on the Public Interaction Employee Roster who claim to have
specific state licenses have such up-to-date and current licenses. Ask the Seal.com
recommends that website users conduct their own searches to identify additional
potentially relevant license requirements and inquire directly with the company
regarding the same.
- Insurance Verification: Ask the Seal.com verifies annually that the company maintains
general liability insurance coverage. Ask the Seal.com also verifies annually that
any company which claims to maintain a workers’ compensation policy and insurance
has such a policy and insurance.
- Bond Verification: Ask the Seal.com verifies annually that any company which claims
to be bonded is in fact bonded.
- Verification of Good Standing of Business: Ask the Seal.com verifies annually that
the company has made specific business filings required by the Secretary of State
including Articles of Incorporation and other corporate filings.
- Better Business Bureau Search: Ask the Seal.com annually searches the Better Business
Bureau website to ensure that in the event a rating has been recorded, the company
has received a “Satisfactory” rating or, alternatively, a “B” rating or higher.
If the company has received an “Unsatisfactory” rating or less than a “B” rating,
it will not be granted the Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval.
- Sex Offender Registry Search: Ask the Seal.com checks the state sex offender registry
in the state of incorporation[EJM1] of the company and the individual’s current
state of residence to confirm that no company owner, principal, or employee on the
Public Interaction Employee Roster is listed in that database as a sex offender.
The sex offender registry search conducted by Ask the Seal.com is not exhaustive.
Neither Ask the Seal.com nor the Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval guarantees in
any way that a company owner, principal, or employee on the Public Interaction Employee
Roster has not ever been listed on any sex offender list.
- Criminal Records Search: For each individual listed on End-User’s PIER roster, Ask the Seal annually conducts a search in a national criminal database using the person’s name, date of birth, and social security number (if available). Ask the Seal then conducts a county level search to verify any hits on the national criminal database. Ask the Seal then conducts a county court record search using the person’s name, date of birth and social security number (if available) for the individual’s county of residence. The Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval will only be given to those companies whose employees on the PIER roster have not been determined to have been convicted as an adult of any of the following disqualifying offenses, where the date of disposition of the offense or release of incarceration was within seven years and where the records are not sealed or expunged:*
Murder; attempted murder; solicitation of murder; manslaughter; concealment of a homicidal death; kidnapping or child abduction; unlawful restraint or forcible detention; indecent solicitation of a child; sexual exploitation of a child; sexual misconduct with a person with a disability; exploitation of a child; child pornography; assault; aggravated assault; battery; aggravated battery; stalking; home invasion; rape; sexual assault; criminal sexual abuse; theft; identity theft; forgery; robbery; armed robbery; aggravated robbery; burglary; criminal trespass to a residence; arson; attempted arson; embezzlement; unlawful use of a weapon.
*Convictions where the disposition date or release of incarceration is more than seven (7) years from the date of the report, are not disqualifying offenses.
The criminal records search conducted by Ask the Seal.com is not exhaustive. Neither Ask the Seal.com nor the Ask the Seal.com Seal of Approval guarantees in any way that a company owner, principal, or employee on the Public Interaction Employee Roster has not been convicted of a crime or otherwise violated the law.
If you have any questions concerning the terms and conditions of Ask the Seal.com’s
website, please contact us.